Do you still remember your first (bike) adventure as a child? Excitement, the joy of discovery and a feeling of breaking the boundaries! At Vapaus we all still live in this world, creating a new shift in movement and the future of mobility.
We are looking for you, a Product Designer looking for an impactful and exciting journey in a startup environment.
With us you’ll have the possibility and freedom to choose the tools you want to work with, your own flexible working hours and the place where you work.
This position is however primarily based in Finland and we can only consider candidates who already live in the country or with short-term relocation plans.
- You create beautiful, seamless experiences
- You’re able to prioritise your work well and know the difference between a visionary design and an implementation step
- You’re comfortable working with software design tools (Figma, Sketch…) and communicating with development teams. We expect you to have at least 2-3 years of professional experience designing digital experiences.
- You work with precision, you’re organised and know where best to invest your precious time
- You have experience managing a design system
- You have experience in UX research and/or software testing. Knowledge of tools like Hotjar, Maze, Screeb etc is a plus
- You speak fluent Finnish, the mother tongue of the majority of our stakeholders
- You have experience in working in a fast-growing startup
A valid work permit is required for applicants who are not EU Citizens.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Vapaus is on a journey to provide the best green mobility service for corporations. Because this sector is ever-evolving, we need you to help us understand the needs of our organisation, now and in the coming years.
As Product Designer, you’ll be working in our Product team in collaboration with all parts of the organisation to improve our service. During the first few months, the role will be primarily focused on improving key parts of our customer journey we have identified. This will be your stepping stone into renewing our design system (or rather creating it) and implementing it throughout our interfaces.
We’re looking for a driven and flexible-minded person who can put themselves in the shoes of a cyclist for breakfast, an HR manager for lunch and a bike manufacturer for dinner.
What we expect from you:
- Support our product development team with realistic layouts and user flows
- Own our design system and maintain it together with our front-end team
- Help uncover usability issues that will unlock the potential of our users
- Be an active participant in new development research, providing prototypes and attending interviews together with our Product Manager
We absolutely expect you to drive your own path forward depending on the needs we identify along the way. You tell us what we’re missing!
WHAT WE PROMISE YOU
At Vapaus, we are free to choose the way we work. Freedom also comes with responsibility to oneself, colleagues, customers and the environment.
We act openly and honestly. At Vapaus, we promise open, direct communication that is a guarantee of growth.
We keep a child-like curiosity and ambition, and take responsibility without fear because we have each other's back.
Our work increases the well-being of people and the planet. We do not bring to market a service that is a compromise between money and positive impact.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We take recruiting seriously at Vapaus and use anonymous recruiting and evaluate candidates based on skills. Send us an application and you will hear from us sooner than you think! If we are a potential match, we’ll book a time to get to know each other during a first interview.
After a fruitful first discussion, you will be invited to meet our team and have a chance to prove your skills in a case study. We want you to have a truthful picture of who we really are, and that you get the best possible understanding of the job’s expectations and our culture at Vapaus.