Vapaus enables car-free living and creates sustainable mobility solutions for corporations and communities with a circular twist. All of our services focus on improving the well-being of both people and the planet. With over 50 000 employees covered by our benefit bike service and bicycles leased for over 5 000 000€ this year, we are a fast growing company with a tangible green impact.
We are currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer to help us develop and grow our financial department as we scale up.You will be a lead driver for developing Vapaus offering of CO2 neutral mobility and a world class customer experience.
At Vapaus we are free to come to work as ourselves and excited about changing the future of mobility. Our core values sustainability, integrity and caring and we make sure that all of these values are represented when we interact with colleagues and customers.
We are modern and flexible in our work methods, supporting innovative solutions and flexibility in the work space. We believe in trust and responsibility and our employees are free to structure their working times and locations according to their preferences.
The position as CFO is a key role and You'll be driving our planning, financing and financial systems development. You will have a strong influence on strategy development when we aim for further growth and a greater climate impact.
You will identify priorities, plan and execute a strategy on how to support continued growth and scale up financially and, in the future, grow internationally.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- You'll be driving our planning, financing and financial systems development
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations to ensure fast growth
- Lead and Develop the Finance function
- Maintain and improve processes, internal controls, guidelines and practices
- Ensure a timely, accurate and complete reporting process to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure company compliance and own risk management.
- Support decision making regarding financial planning and analysis; Develop budgeting and follow-up process with function heads
what we expect from you:
- Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role
- Experienced in capital intensive business and leasing and related financing models
- Experience in opening new markets
- A proactive approach - you should be motivated to take the initiative to make improvements
- Willingness to roll your sleeves and wear multiple hats in the beginning
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- You are happy to represent the finance department both internally and externally
- A valid work permit is required for applicants who are not EU Citizens
Still remember your first (bike) adventure as a child? The excitement, joy of discovery and a feeling of breaking the boundaries! At Vapaus, we all still live in this world when we create a new shift in movement and sustainable mobility!
WHAT WE PROMISE TO YOU
- At Vapaus, we are free to choose the way we work. Freedom also comes with responsibility to oneself, colleagues, customers and the environment.
- We act openly and honestly. At Vapaus, we promise open, direct communication that is a guarantee of growth.
- Childlike curiosity and ambition, we take responsibility without fear because we have each others back
- Our work increases the well-being of people and the planet. We do not bring to market a service that is a compromise between money and positive impact.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We take recruiting seriously at Vapaus. We want to find enthusiastic people who also want to be part of the Vapaus story. Send us an application and you will hear from us sooner than you think, and if we are a potential match then we’ll book time for the first interview. In the second phase you will meet our team, and if applicable, you will have a chance to prove your skills in a case study. We want you to have a real feeling of who we really are, and we want you to get as clear a picture as possible of the job, tasks, culture and Vapaus.
For more information or questions please contact our People & Culture lead Timo Kahola, timo(at)vapaus.io